Despite most Americans, including many of his supporters, opposing the war, President Donald Trump ordered bombers to target three nuclear sites in Iran. In a television address at 10 P.M. (ET), Trump announced the operation as a “spectacular military success” and said the three sites had been “completely and totally obliterated.”
Trump also went on Truth Social to state that “We have completed our very successful attack on the three nuclear sites in Iran, including Fordow, Natanz, and Esfahan. All planes are now outside of Iran air space. A full payload of BOMBS was dropped on the primary site, Fordow. All planes are safely on their way home.”
Trump ordered these strikes without congressional approval, contradicting his campaign promise to avoid disasters like those in Iraq, Libya, and Afghanistan.
Following the attacks, the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI) has stated that the attacks are a violation of international law and that Iran’s nuclear industry will continue its development.
A statement issued by the AEOI confirmed that early on Sunday morning, Iran’s nuclear sites were “subjected to savage aggression–an act in violation of international laws, particularly the NPT.”
The AEOI further stated that “This action, which violates international regulations, unfortunately took place under the indifference–and even complicity–of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).
“The American enemy, through virtual space and by the declaration of its president, has taken responsibility for the attacks on the mentioned sites, which are under continuous IAEA monitoring in accordance with the Safeguards Agreement and the NPT.
The Atomic Energy Organization of Iran expressed its expectation that the international community will denounce the actions and support Iran in asserting its rights.
“The Atomic Energy Organization of Iran assures the great nation of Iran that despite the malicious plots of its enemies, with the dedication of thousands of revolutionary and motivated scientists and experts, it will not allow the development of this national industry–built on the blood of nuclear martyrs–to be halted. This organization is taking the necessary steps to defend the rights of the noble Iranian people, including legal actions,” the statement concluded.
Iranian officials have minimized the significance of the strikes, with one lawmaker describing them as “superficial” and asserting that they did not cause serious damage to Fordow. Iranian leaders have cautioned that the attack will have “everlasting consequences,” and have called for an emergency meeting of the UN Security Council.
Also, the Iranian Foreign Ministry has reported that the United States has initiated a conflict by targeting Iran’s nuclear facilities on Sunday, as per a statement from Iran’s semi-official Tasnim news agency.
“The world must not forget that it was the United States that, in the midst of a diplomatic process, betrayed diplomacy,” the ministry statement said. Describing Israel as “genocidal and lawless,” the statement accused the US of launching “a dangerous war against Iran.”
The ministry stated that the attacks violated the UN charter and international law, holding the US government responsible for the consequences. It asserted Iran’s right to resist US aggression and defend its national security by any means. The ministry urged the UN and the IAEA to address the illegality promptly and called for an emergency UN Security Council session to condemn the strikes.





